There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Having a healthy mindset is the best way to live a long and happy life.
However, for many people, the road to good health and overall wellness is a difficult one.
There can be a lot of temptations scattered along the way, testing and breaking their will power to stay on track with their health goals.
They might have the desire to begin a new healthy habit, but they are unsure of how to start it the right way.
In today’s post, we have a collection of wellness quotes that we’re excited to share with you. These quotes promote a healthy mindset, which can help you power through any obstacles blocking the way to establishing a new, healthy habit.
Get inspired by these words of wisdom from fitness gurus, philosophers, health buffs, healers, and teachers.
- “Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos- the trees, the clouds, everything.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body.” – Caroline Myss
- “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
- “The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body.” – Harry J. Johnson
- “It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “If by gaining knowledge we destroy our health, we labour for a thing that will be useless in our hands.” – John Locke
- “A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
- “Good health is not something we can buy. However, it can be an extremely valuable savings account.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
- “In minds crammed with thoughts, organs clogged with toxins, and bodies stiffened with neglect, there is just no space for anything else.” – Alison Rose Levy
- “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” – Leigh Hunt
- “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
- “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
- “Health isn’t about being “perfect” with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body.” – Golda Poretsky
- “Love, success, family and friends all come after my health. No health, no enjoyment.” – Maxime Legacé
- “Laughing decreases blood pressure and increases blood flow.” – Author Unknown
- “The appearance of a disease is swift as an arrow; its disappearance slow, like a thread.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Health is worth more than learning.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Wellbeing is about the combination of our love for what we do each day, the quality of our relationships, the security of our finances, the vibrancy of our physical health, and the pride we take in what we have contributed to our communities. Most importantly, it’s about how these five elements interact.” – Tom Rath
“Wellbeing is about the combination of our love for what we do each day, the quality of our relationships, the security of our finances, the vibrancy of our physical health, and the pride we take in what we have contributed to our communities. Most importantly, it’s about how these five elements interact.” – Tom Rath
- “To avoid sickness eat less; to prolong life worry less.” – Chu Hui Weng
- “The concept of total wellness recognizes that our every thought, word, and behavior affects our greater health and well-being. And we, in turn, are affected not only emotionally but also physically and spiritually.” – Greg Anderson
- “Your body hears everything your mind says.” – Naomi Judd
- “Health is a relationship between you and your body.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Health is a state of body. Wellness is a state of being.” – J. Standord
- “From the bitterness of disease man learns the sweetness of health.” – Catalan Proverb
- “So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” – A. J. Reb Materi
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
- “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” – Hippocrates
- “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Let your body be your holy temple.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Every living cell in your body is made from the food you eat. If you consistently eat junk food then you’ll have a junk body.” – Jeanette Jenkins
- “He who takes medicine and neglects to diet wastes the skill of his doctors.” – Chinese Proverb
- “The chief condition on which life, health, and vigor depend on, is action. It is by action that an organism develops its faculties, increases its energy, and attains the fulfillment of its destiny.” – Colin Powell
- “Half the costs of illness are wasted on conditions that could be prevented.” – Joseph Pizzorno
- “If you don’t take care of yourself, the undertaker will overtake that responsibility for you.” – Carrie Latet
- “But the real secret to lifelong good health is actually the opposite: Let your body take care of you.” – Deepak Chopra
- “The existence of illness in the body may no doubt be called a shadow of the true illness that is held by a man in his mind.” – Hazrat Khan
- “Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel.” – Kevin Trudeau
- “People who laugh actually live longer than those who don’t laugh. Few persons realize that health actually varies according to the amount of laughter.” – James J. Walsh
- “Know, then, whatever cheerful and serene supports the mind supports the body too.” – John Armstrong
- “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
- “Your body holds deep wisdom. Trust in it. Learn from it. Nourish it. Watch your life transform and be healthy.” – Bella Bleue
- “Health is like money, we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
- “A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul: a sick body is a prison.” – Francis Bacon
- “Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.” – Joseph Addison
- “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” – Julius Erving
- “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
- “He who can believe himself well, will be well.” – Ovid
- “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish Proverb
- “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” – Abraham Maslow
- “A man grows most tired while standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
- “Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” – Hippocrates
- “If man thinks about his physical or moral state he usually discovers that he is ill.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Health and intellect are the two blessings of life.” – Menander
- “Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness.” – Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
- “In a disordered mind, as in a disordered body, soundness of health is impossible.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “The really important thing is not to live, but to live well… and to live well means the same thing as to live honourably or rightly.” – Socrates
Final Thoughts on Wellness
Being healthy doesn’t only mean maintaining an ideal weight, eating the right types of foods, or having an exercise routine that you perform at least three times a week.
It also means achieving unity between mind and body and maintaining peace of mind and lightness of spirit.
We hope you enjoyed reading this collection of wellness quotes that we handpicked for you to help support you on your health and wellness journey.
If you’re looking for more inspiring health quotes, you might enjoy this collection of weight loss motivation quotes.